Keystone Mental Health Services
Keystone Mental Health Services
Keystone will close to client appointments from Thursday, March 19th, 2020 until at least Wednesday, April 22nd, 2020. Established clients who would like to communicate with their clinician may leave a voicemail message which will be checked daily. For staff listings click here.
- Behavioral Health Response – Crisis Hotline Numbers: 314-469-6644; 1-800-811-4760; TTY Number: 314-469-3638
- St. Louis County Youth Connection Helpline: 314-819-8802
- In the case that you or your child feels at risk to harm self or others, please dial 911, or go to the nearest hospital emergency department.
For information on stress and coping during the Coronavirus Pandemic please visit the CDC website here.
Keystone Mental Health Services is an outpatient mental health practice that provides mental and behavioral health care: assessment/evaluation, treatment, and community consultation.
The Keystone Mission: We seek to improve the mental health & well-being of clients, many who traditionally have limited access to mental health care, by decreasing symptoms and increasing functioning through early intervention.
What can we help with? We treat many types of difficulties faced by children, parents, and families, such as depression, trauma reaction, anxiety, school problems, attention problems, disruptive behaviors, family and relationship problems, loss and grief, and parenting needs. Our assessments and comprehensive psychological evaluations can provide diagnostic clarification, answers to questions about level of functioning, identification of problems, recommendation for services, and many others.
Areas of Specialization We offer a comprehensive range of mental health services for many types of problems. Additionally, Keystone specializes in treatment of the very young child, comprehensive psychological evaluations, Play Therapy, and treating complex conditions.
Our "clients" are the recipients of our mental health care. These are persons referred because of mental, emotional, and behavioral concerns. We assess, screen, & evaluate the functioning of adults, teens, children, and toddlers as young as 18 months old. We treat adults and we treat families with children 12 years and under. We offer community education and professional training for agencies and practitioners who have similar treatment clients and missions to ours; this service is available upon request.
Advancing the Quality of Care for Clients
We advance quality of care through our philosophy, values, and approaches to client care:
- Our professional activities are driven by client well-being.
- Clinical actions are based on the therapeutic benefit to a client's mental health.
- Keystone practices adhere to researched findings of the disciplines of clinical psychology, clinical social work, and psychiatry.
- Recognition of the whole individual and family system in treatment.
- Utilization of bio-psycho-social approach to assessment and treatment.
- Formalized coordination of care with external health care practitioners.
- Our identity is that of mental health care practitioners.
- Care by experienced and fully licensed psychologists and clinical social workers.
- Care delivered in a safe, private, and comfortable setting, ensuring the dignity and respect of each client.
- We take seriously and maintain cultural competence in our work with clients and community providers.