Graduate students who are placed at Keystone Outpatient Mental Health Services will receive:
- Weekly individual clinical supervision with an MSW, LCSW.
- Twice monthly Case Consultation meetings involving all OLH clinical staff.
- Consultation with experienced LCSW’s, psychologists,psychiatrist and nurse.
Additionally, the breakdown of the actual hours for the following will depend on student interest, experience, and availability of opportunity, in consultation with his/her OLH supervisor.
The possibilities include:
- Direct clinical services, providing treatment in the form of psychotherapy (individual and family) and mental health assessments and observations (Note: Case management is NOT a service experience of this practicum)
- Presentation on a clinical or organizational topic for in-service to OLH staff.
- Clinical outcome data management and treatment efficiency results reporting.
The opportunity exists for students to make a two-semester commitment, if desired
The practicum is open to concentration level graduate students interested in becoming mental health practitioners. To apply for the position, graduate students should submit a cover letter of interest and resume to:
Shana Blumenthal, MSW, LCSW
Associate Director of Clinical Programs
4326 Lindell Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63018
Once materials have been received, the next step is an in-person interview with Keystone staff on the campus of OLH. A student is accepted to the practicum based on the submitted materials and interview. All persons, including students providing services at OLH are required to receive a background screening issued by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Servcies-Family Care Safety Registry.