Keystone Outpatient Mental Health Services invites applications for a full-time Staff Psychologist. This Licensed Psychologist will be responsible for providing clinical assessment and comprehensive psychological evaluations for children, adolescents and adults; psychotherapy for children, families, and adults; and screening, parenting and bonding assessments. Interest in early intervention with young children is essential.
The Staff Psychologist is accountable to the Director of Clinical Programs and expected to stay abreast of empirically supported clinical assessment and intervention methods. S/he must be equipped to assess and treat a broad scope of mental, emotional, and behavioral symptoms. This Psychologist must be educated, trained, and licensed to administer, score and interpret various Psychological tests and measures, including projective measures. Cultural competence in the clinical framework is necessary. S/he should understand mental well-being within the context of larger systems (for example, family, cultural, and community systems).
This position requires the ability to complete and maintain all paperwork necessary to facilitate billing of third-party payers, contractors, and grant sponsors of mental health services. There is opportunity to conduct community education presentations and supervision of graduate practicum students. This Psychologist will be expected to assist in the implementation of process and outcome protocols to ensure the quality of care and efficacy of clinical interventions. The expectation is to provide 20 hours of direct clinical services in office based and telehealth services.
• A doctorate in Clinical or Counseling Psychology
• Licensed to practice Psychology in the state of Missouri
• Formal graduate education and training in the administration, scoring and interpretation of a full range of Psychological tests and measures
• At least 2 years demonstrated proficiency in diagnosis, and individual, group, and family psychotherapy. This experience should include services to young children, expertise in a variety of treatment modalities, and experience to apply methods appropriately to presenting symptoms
• Proficient and conscientious in clinical report writing and documentation, oral communication, and organizational and time management
• Thorough understanding of state, federal, and professional standards for legal, ethical and competent clinical practice
• Ability to work as an independent practitioner using sound clinical judgment, and as a member of a multidisciplinary consultation team
The Keystone Mental Health practice serves a diverse population with various presenting problems and concerns. We are located in the Central West End; the heart of St. Louis city. This urban location is convenient to area residents by pedestrian-friendly streets and accessible to neighboring communities and suburban areas via public transportation. This facilitates service to clients from various socio-economic, ethnic, and racial backgrounds. The practice is located in a renovated 3-story building that offers a warm, family-friendly, bright atmosphere. Staff may conveniently park free in the agency’s lot in the rear of the building. The Keystone treatment team consists of Licensed Psychologists, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, part-time Psychiatrist, Registered Nurse, Clinical Intake Coordinator, and Clinical Administrative Assistant-Biller. Keystone clinicians are supported by a collaborative work culture, Case Consultation Team, individual clinical supervision, and generous continuing education benefits. Other benefits include medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance. There is an employer supported 403(b) retirement plan, eleven paid holidays, and Paid Time Off (PTO) that increases with length of service.
National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Approved Site:
Keystone is a NHSC-approved site in a Health Professional Shortage Area. Our acceptance by NHSC allows our qualifying licensed mental health care clinicians to participate in the educational loan repayment program. The expectation of 21 hours of direct client care is required for participating clinicians in NHSC.
Interested applicants may send a letter of interest and vita to:
Lizette J. Smith, PhD.
Director of Clinical Programs
4326 Lindell Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63108 (314) 669-9557