Keystone Mental Health Services invites applications for the position of Staff Psychotherapist. This position is full-time and open to master’s level, licensed Clinical Social Workers. This clinician will be responsible for providing mental health assessments of children and adults; psychotherapy for children, families, and adults; and parenting and bonding assessments. Interest in early intervention with young children is essential. There is also opportunity to provide education and consultation to community agencies. Direct client care is expected at 20 hours per week. Timeliness in completing all clinical documentation is of critical importance.
About Keystone Mental Health Services…
Keystone Mental Health Services at Our Little Haven (OLH) is an outpatient practice located in the Central West End; the heart of St. Louis city. This urban location is convenient to area residents by pedestrian-friendly streets. It is also accessible to neighboring communities and suburban areas via public transportation that includes Metro Link transit and major bus lines. This facilitates service to clients from various socio-economic, ethnic, and racial backgrounds. Keystone serves a diverse population with various presenting problems and concerns.
The neighborhood offers a mix of historic St. Louis architecture, galleries, and dining within walking distance or brief car rides. The practice is in a renovated 3-story, once-residential building that offers a warm, family-friendly bright atmosphere. There is ample parking in front of the building and staff may conveniently park free in the agency’s parking lot in the rear of the building. The Keystone treatment team consists of Licensed Clinical Psychologists, Licensed Clinical Social workers, part-time Child Psychiatrist, Registered Nurse, Intake Coordinator, and Receptionist/Administrative Assistant. This practice offers a certified MSW clinical practicum experience to local universities in the St. Louis Social Work Consortium.
The Keystone team benefits from a supportive work culture that includes regular Case Consultation, team meetings, individual supervision, and a generous continuing education allowance. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance. There is an employer supported 403(b) retirement plan, nine paid holidays, and Paid Time Off (PTO) that increases with length of service.
National Health Service Corps Approved Site
Keystone is a NHSC-approved site in a Health Professional Shortage Area. Our acceptance by NHSC allows our qualifying licensed mental health care clinicians to participate in the educational loan repayment program.
Staff Psychotherapist Position
The Psychotherapist is accountable to the Director of Clinical Programs and Associate Director of Clinical Programs for administrative and clinical duties. This practitioner will stay abreast of clinical interventions shown to be effective treatment methods; and be equipped to treat a broad range of mental, emotional, social, and behavioral symptoms. The Psychotherapist will assist in the implementation of Performance and Quality Improvement (PQI) activities necessary to ensure quality of care within the agency’s programs.
- A Master’s degree in Clinical Social Work and licensed as Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
- At least one year of experience as a direct care mental health practitioner.
- Experience in mental health assessment, diagnosis, and individual, group, and family psychotherapy. Interest in early childhood mental health treatment to young children and their families a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work as an independent practitioner using sound clinical judgment, and as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Provide 20 hours/week of direct clinical services in an office-based setting, including telehealth services.
- Conduct intake interviews and mental health assessments; utilize excellent clinical interviewing and diagnostic skills; provide individual and family psychotherapy; parenting and bonding assessments; and collaboration in parent/guardian consultation, psychiatric consultation, and treatment planning.
- Complete clinical documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with legal, ethical, and regulatory requirements of Keystone, state, federal, and professional standards.
- Complete and maintain all paperwork to facilitate billing of third-party payers of mental health services.
- Assist in implementation of protocols and outcome measures to ensure the efficacy of clinical interventions.
- Conduct community education presentations, as requested.
Interested applicants may send a letter of interest and vita to:
Lizette J. Smith, PhD.
Director of Clinical Programs
St. Louis, MO 63108 (314) 669-9557