Our Little Academy Day Treatment is a unique program looking for a unique person to complete our amazing team of early childhood mental health professionals. Day Treatment simply means “all day therapy”. We’re not a school. We’re not individual play therapy. We’re something special you’ve probably never heard of. Kids come to us in crisis with a variety of mental health issues – trauma, aggressive behaviors, social challenges, etc. We work together as a team to address the individual therapeutic needs of every child and help them gain skills to be successful in kindergarten. Our program runs five days a week from 8am-3pm. Most kids attend our program for about 12 months.
We’ve spent the past 16 years fine-tuning our program and have helped some incredible kids achieve big things. We’re looking for a team member who is ready to learn our very specific way of providing treatment. We’re ready to supply you with all tools, support, and snacks you’ll need to excel as a Day Treatment Psychotherapist.
Our ideal candidate:
*Has a passion for working with 3-5 year old children
*Is comfortable setting firm boundaries
*Enjoys playing and being silly
*Is open to learning and developing new clinical skills
*Appreciates collaboration and being part of a close team
*Can respond swiftly but calmly in a crisis
*Has a quirky sense of humor
* A master’s degree in social work, counseling, or psychology.
* A licensed or provisionally licensed mental health professional, LPC, LCSW or Licensed Psychologist.
* At least three years of experience in providing therapeutic services, including individual, family, group psychotherapy, and/or behavioral interventions, to emotionally and behaviorally disordered young children and their families.
* Experience with crisis management, de-escalation, and debriefing techniques, and the implementation of positive behavioral strategies.
* Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills with history of successful performance as a team member in a group setting.
* Ability to implement physical safety interventions with children up to 60 pounds.
* Ability to traverse flights of stairs.
- Provide individual psychotherapy for up to eight children weekly.
- Create individualized treatment plans and quarterly updates for up to eight psychotherapy clients.
- Facilitate daily therapy groups for up to 8 children.
- Participate in parent/guardian consultation, psychiatric consultation, and treatment planning.
- Monitor and update all clinical documentation in a timely manner, including case notes, treatment plans, and clinical reports on all assigned clinical activities in accordance with internal and external reporting requirements as outlined by OLH, state, federal, and professional guidelines, and standards of best practice.
- Complete certification to be Safe Crisis Management (SCM) Instructor
- Train and certify day treatment staff in SCM techniques (12 hours per year)
- Coordinate with Program Manager and OLA team on safety planning for all clients
- Coordinate therapeutic and behavioral interventions with the Program Manager and Day Treatment Therapists which consist of clinically planned techniques and strategies that promote the development of healthy coping skills, adaptive patterns of interacting with others, and appropriate responses to internal and environmental stimuli.
- Create and implement daily social/emotional activities or other enrichment activities during the therapeutic day.
- Participate in weekly OLA team meetings and monthly In-Services
- Perform the duties of other staff members when they are absent for off-site for training, meetings, illness, etc.
- Assist in daily food serving and cleaning procedures.
- Administer medications as prescribed by a doctor.
- Participation in company committees including PQI teams and other committees as requested.
Other Job Information:
- Schedule is 7:30-3:30 Monday- Friday. No weekends or on call hours.
- Year round program with 3 scheduled weeks off every year (summer, winter, spring)
- Benefits include – health insurance, dental, 403(b) contributions, paid time off, holidays, bonus pay, generous training allowance, LCSW supervision available on site, play therapy certification supervision available on site, and more.
Please email resume to Program Manager, Sarah Thomas: email@example.com